honda v6 to Lancia Scorpion engine swap

Hello everyone! I'm Doug Burdick, and I have a difficult project envisioned for my '76 Lancia Scorpion. This car is basically a Fiat product from the early seventy's. The car currently has an upgraded 2lt twincam, 124 Fiat 4cyl engine making about 140hp. The car was originally supposed to be equipped with a 3lt Fiat/Alfa V-6, but the oil embargo of '73 caused management to scrap that idea in favor of the more fuel efficent 4cyl that was then available. Many of these cars have since been converted to Alfa V-6 engines in Europe, but due to parts being scarse, and the engines being so old, I want to upgrade to something modern. I won't consider any 4cly transplant. Due to the complexity and cost, I intend to squeeze as much under the hood as I can and be done with it. I'll be using whatever automatic will best suit this application, as trying to make a manual work is likely to be too much hassle. I've looked into paddle shift conversions for the automatic. I'll include pics to help you folks get this disscussion started. I have over thirty years mechanical experience with Fiats, alfas, MGs, but limited Honda experience. What experience I have with Honda has shown me that they are cutting edge. Any help/ suggestions will be appreciated. Sincerely, Doug Burdick.

Archived