89 crx engine swap

yeahyeah605866

I am inheriting a 89 crx stock engine has a cooled air intake thats all, I'm trying to figure out what is a good fast motor I can drop in it that will bolt right up and if I need a new ecu and wiring harness. It's a B15 single over head 1.5 liter 16valve. All information helps thanks.

Yes. You will need motor mounts that allow you to install whatever motor it is you chose and you will need to either modify the wiring harness or replace it.

My advice: keep it stock.

Those cars are becoming harder to find in stock form. You should take the money you have and restore it to showroom condition. If your feeling up to it, find the JDM rear bench seat and seat belts and some 1990-91 Si rims. Then when your tired of it you'll be able to sell it to someone like me who is in their mid to late 30s who actually drove these cars in high school and would be willing to pay 3-5k for nostalgia.

Archived