No power to car

Alright I have a 1999 Civic coupe. It has a dead battery so I decided to try to jump it..the car wouldn't start up because it has a dead battery so I took the jumper cables off ground first and then the positive, but I go into the civic, try to turn it on to where the radio cuts on and I have no power to anything what so ever.. I don't know if I took it off wrong and I drained the battery all the way, or if I caused electrically problems or something but I need y'all help , what do you think happened?

did you even jump it right? it doesnt sound like it. put the jumper on ground first then positive, then turn on your good working car rev it a little to get juices flowing then wait 2-3 minutes. then with you good car ON and running with jumpers still connected then try. if you just connect the jumpers with both cars off it doesnt help much. keep the good car running while trying to jump your civic. if that doesnt work check all our connections, and terminals.

• 2 weeks later...
did you even jump it right? it doesnt sound like it. put the jumper on ground first then positive, then turn on your good working car rev it a little to get juices flowing then wait 2-3 minutes. then with you good car ON and running with jumpers still connected then try. if you just connect the jumpers with both cars off it doesnt help much. keep the good car running while trying to jump your civic. if that doesnt work check all our connections, and terminals.

this is true. the amperage is very insignificant from just the battery. the alternator is what's actually doing the help during a jumpstart.

Archived