Bad Bearing

James Matteu

This was my first bearing on my car. The last time it was a bad bearing on my cousin's '90 CB sedan and I told him it was worth it to just pull the entire rear member from a '93 EX with rear disc brakes, so I don't count that as a bearing replacement cause I side-stepped the entire bearing replacement in a way.

I cannot seem to inbed you tube correctly, but here is the link:

I just replaced the bearing on the passenger side of my 91 Accord LX and I found it so much easier just replacing the whole steering knuckle rather than having to press the bearing into the hub and the whole extracting and repressing the hub issue.

Also, what was that tool you used to pop the ball joint? I know its a ball join remover of some type, I was wondering what part number it is or what exactly its called as far as manufacturer or whatever.

Man you make this look so easy lol.

Honda Tool Number 07MAC-SL00100 Ball Joint Remover, 32mm

I paid about $160 for it at the Honda Dealership. I kept damaging the balljoint threads and didn't know about other pullers and didn't know I could repair damaged threads (i was young, this was a long time ago).

Honda Tool Number 07MAC-SL00100 Ball Joint Remover, 32mm

I paid about $160 for it at the Honda Dealership. I kept damaging the balljoint threads and didn't know about other pullers and didn't know I could repair damaged threads (i was young, this was a long time ago).

LMAO same here James. I was wondering about the tool cuz when I replaced the knuckle I went thru so many different dang pulleys and none would work. I even tried to get "Specialty Tools" from the parts dealers and they always gave me something that didn't work. I eventually just took a fork and popped em then replaced the ball joints.

But thanx for the part number. Now I know for when it comes time to do the driver's side.

Archived