d15b info anyone?

hey peoples, new member here :D anyways lets start this off with a bang.. i got a 1994 honda domani (sweet car..not enough info on it tho) and its time for the power.. was thinking engine swap, but when it all comes down to it, i dont have the money or the down time, besides im currently doing a swap to another car of mine (1974 mitsu lancer) so the words engine swap bring nightmares to me :mad:

soo... im going the stupid route and turbocharging the said d15b, but thats where the problems start... yea i know, the d15 has no potential and is a crappy engine to turbo, but im not looking for flat out acceleration, or a crazy top end speed (not enough straights down here anyways) but i want a nice balance of accel without putting too much strain on the engine... i got a t25 looking nice an pretty in the garage that i figure i'll use, and a manifold is (hopefully) on its way, the thing is tho.. being its so hard to find solid info on my car, does anyone happen to know the injector size of a honda d15 engine? (think civic vti, i thiiink the crx del sol with the 1500 v-tec is the same engine too)

oh.. and anyone have any personal experience with willwood brakes?? getting the 11 inch front rotor kit... but the only solid info i have on them is whats on their website

btw.. i love hondas :D

• 1 month later...
hey peoples, new member here :D anyways lets start this off with a bang.. i got a 1994 honda domani (sweet car..not enough info on it tho) and its time for the power.. was thinking engine swap, but when it all comes down to it, i dont have the money or the down time, besides im currently doing a swap to another car of mine (1974 mitsu lancer) so the words engine swap bring nightmares to me :mad:

soo... im going the stupid route and turbocharging the said d15b, but thats where the problems start... yea i know, the d15 has no potential and is a crappy engine to turbo, but im not looking for flat out acceleration, or a crazy top end speed (not enough straights down here anyways) but i want a nice balance of accel without putting too much strain on the engine... i got a t25 looking nice an pretty in the garage that i figure i'll use, and a manifold is (hopefully) on its way, the thing is tho.. being its so hard to find solid info on my car, does anyone happen to know the injector size of a honda d15 engine? (think civic vti, i thiiink the crx del sol with the 1500 v-tec is the same engine too)

oh.. and anyone have any personal experience with willwood brakes?? getting the 11 inch front rotor kit... but the only solid info i have on them is whats on their website

btw.. i love hondas :D

There are D15b that people turbo charged in the us/ there are many turbo kits for it. I have a magazine with a turbo d15b crx that runs 10's. People dont even look at that engine becase it's 1.5 liters. It has pontential, honda has use them in racing. There are turbo kits out there to have em up to 500hp (resleeve that crap).

Cause if you dont (I've read stories where the owner got on the gas and broke 2 rods clean off on 16 pounds of boost running 13.80. So you gotta give the engine strength first, or just run on low boost.

Archived