JDM K20A EK swap, emissions? and more..

Hi, I'm new to this site and forums in general. I have a 2000 civic EX, I'm about to do a k swap but before a make a big mistake and ge the wrong K motor, I need to figure out if it can pass emissions, I want the JDM K20A but I'll sacrifice the 20hp and go with a USDM K20A2 or K20Z1 and swap a JDM DC5 LSD 6 speed transmission on it if it means being legal.

1. Has anyone swapped a JDM K20A RSX DC5 Type-R or Civic K20A EP3 Type-R, motor into an EK civic before?

2. what does it take to pass emissions.

I have checked local Oregon DEQ Emissions, and it's not very specific other than the motor and chassis must have the same manufacturer and you can't put an older year engine into a newer year vehicle. So, as far as that goes I'm good. I'm just concerned that the JDM ECU wont Jive with the OBD2 I don't want a bunch of flags popping up when they plug it in.

I've done two B16 USDM swaps, and one jdm B18C GSR swap, about 10-12 years ago, I'm just now getting back into it and a little rusty, so if u have any valuable experience in K-Swaps I'd apreciate input.

I will be using Hybrid Racing's swap parts including;

Motor mounts

HR 2.9 axels

HR K-Swap clutch kit

OEM RSX Type-S p/s pump

OEM 96 civic A/C condenser

OEM 96 civic throttle cable

OEM 93 civic si sub-frame

HR conversion harness

HR Adj speed converter

HR K-swap grounding kit

HR Recurculating fuel line kit

HR bolt-in short shift kit

HR performance shift cables

HR half size radiator

HR silicone K-Swap radiator hoses

HR K-Swap A/C kit

HR K-Swap Power Steering kit

HR K-swap Header

and much more

etc.....

If you have done this swap, or, if you are familiar with jdm K-Swap, I'd greatly apreciate your input.

Thx

B2

Archived