Replacing my Alternator, any advice on the way i should take it out an

UpcomingJDMuser

Okay so im new to the forums, ive had my first car (1995 Acura integra LS) and its been a great first car so far, but now the alternators going bad cause the power steering hose above it was leaking power steering fluid directly into the alternator and my car would die out because the alternator soon stopped working and the car would run strictly off the battery. Im new to cars and im in the learning process of engine work and the ways around cars cause im very invested in mechanic work and see myself pursuing it seriously as a career or something im very skilled at. (still in highschool)

Okay, sorry for the intro and off topic jargon, but ive already got the alternator off the brackets and removed the belt and took of the connecting wire but the alternators stuck on top of the drivers side axle, im not sure if i should take off the axle or try and take off the brackets to give it more room so i can pull it out, but the brackets are TIGHT, too tight for me to loosen em anyway,

anyone have any other suggestions? thanks in advance

Archived