Weird codes

My 99 Odyssey (116,000) was running great when I turned it off this morning after a short trip. 5 minutes later I started it, and it was running rough. I had the codes checked, and it came back that that it could be the EGR valve. It also said that there was "automatic transaxle concern." Never seen the word "concern" as part of a code before. I was not pleased with the rebuild I recently got on the transmission, so I took it back to the shop. Turns out they moved and left no forwarding address. It now mid afternoon, and I decided that the only chance to have a working car over the weekend was to go ahead and put in a new EGR valve myself. It changed nothing. I decided to have the codes checked again, and this time, no mention of EGR or tranny. Instead, 5 cylinders were not firing properly, and there was some code about excess gas.

If this is something simple like spark plugs or coils, I want to go ahead and change them so I can use the car for a 4 hour trip monday morning. At the same time, I don't want to just keep guessing and buying parts.

Any advice?

Archived