1992 Accord issues

Just replaced the clutch over the weekend, adjusted the pedal; everything was fine for the test drive. I went to drive it later only to break down on the side of the road. I don't know THAT much about cars, but I'm also not stupid when it comes to it.

Just for info; My tachometer was jumping all over the place and would go all the way up to 6k rpms, and not just when i was giving it gas. Mind you, the RPMs were going up, but my engine WAS NOT REVING.

I was stopped at a red light, accelerated in 1st, and all the sudden my engine died. No power steering, nothing from the gas pedal, brakes started tightening. Like I killed the car, but I didn't. Go to crank it, it cranks but doesn't turn over.

After numerous people telling me that I should change it, I replaced my ignition control module hoping that could be the fix. No luck. Now my check engine comes on aswell. I'm out of ideas! The only other thing I can think of is either a loose ground or ignition coil.

Could it be when I put the distributor back on I didn't have my lines exactly lined up? Did I miss one of my grounds? (I did end up with one extra bolt somehow that I'm not too happy about. Only I have no idea where it goes, other than not inside the tranny. I do not know what could cause all these problems, when none of these things were wrong before I replaced the clutch. And the clutch works great! I'm lost, frustrated and now broke with no car.

Sorry for the essay of a question, just trying to give a detailed view. Thanks for the help!

Archived