Vtec wont pop

Saadk305

Hey guys just wanted to ask a few questions see if you guys can help me out. Well i bought this Honda civic Si 2008 and it was crashed in the front so this mechanic fixed it. But my VTEC wont pop and i'm not getting the right mileage either. At 1st my car did have a check engine light and the code was p2646. I changed my oil and VTEC wont still pop i'm wondering if any of you guys know what can be the problem thanks

Hey guys just wanted to ask a few questions see if you guys can help me out. Well i bought this Honda civic Si 2008 and it was crashed in the front so this mechanic fixed it. But my VTEC wont pop and i'm not getting the right mileage either. At 1st my car did have a check engine light and the code was p2646. I changed my oil and VTEC wont still pop i'm wondering if any of you guys know what can be the problem thanks

vtec wont kick if your check engine light is on.

make sure all your censors/plugs are plugged in.

if your check engine light is on go to a place like Shucks or Auto Zone or something and they will use a code reader on it and will tell you what's the matter, more then likely for free.

popping VTAK yo

normally if it's low on oil vtec won't engage

while i know that older honda's didn't have what you'd call a "limp mode" to keep someone from beating on it while it has a CEL i can't speak for the new ones. i'd see what the code is and go from there.

just having googled..

http://www.justanswer.com/honda/1q95c-car-reading-p2646-p2647-vtec-oil-pressure.html

"DTC P2646: VTEC OIL PRESSURE SWITCH CIRCUIT LOW VOLTAGE"

Archived