Indiglo Gauge Install Question

i recently purchased Otto R Racing reverse gauages for my '96 3.2 TL.. i need help hooking up the wires..

the gauges comes with a toggle switch to switch between green and blue and has a dial that shows min and max brightness.. that toggle switch is then connected to a little black box which in turn has wires that connect to the gauges and a pair of red/black and a red solid wire. i'm guessing that the red and black wire is the negative side and the solid red is the positive side. i need to know where the red and black wire goes. i want to tap it onto my light switch (you know when you turn on your lights the dash comes on). does anyone know what i'm talking about? does anyone have a tutorial or pictures that they can show me?

i finally installed indiglo gauges on my 96 3.2 TL.. but theres a PROBLEM... my RPM's would not go past 3,000 RPMs... when i rev the engine and i KNOW its going way past 3,000, the needle just stops at 3,000... anyone know a remedy to make the RPM needle move like its suppose to? the gauges were a bitch to install and maybe i might've screwed something up? should i take the gauge cluster out again and manually move the RPM needle with my finger all the way up to 8,000 RPM and let the needle fall back down again to cure it?

Maybe your gauge overlays are hindering the needle from moving. Your best bet is to remove the overlay and then cut a little larger hole. That might free up the needle. Should get a second opinion as I do not own indiglo gauges, but often that's usually the #1 cause of needle failure.

Archived