electrical problem!!!

sS(psycho)Ss

I have a 1994 Honda Accord Wagon and the intermittent wipers, rear window defroster,cruise control,parking light, dome light & key chime all stopped working at the same time. Windshield wipes work on normal speed, however, in addition to intermittent not working the wipers also won't work when you try to clean the windows. I have checked all fuses and fuseable links (under dash and under hood) - all were ok

help plz

• 1 month later...

I have a 1994 Honda Accord Wagon and the intermittent wipers, rear window defroster,cruise control,parking light, dome light & key chime all stopped working at the same time. Windshield wipes work on normal speed, however, in addition to intermittent not working the wipers also won't work when you try to clean the windows. I have checked all fuses and fuse able links (under dash and under hood) - all were ok

help plz

I have had almost the same problem but I found the problem was a fuse in the box under the hood. But I think your problem may be with the ignition switch. All the things you listed work on when the accessories are activated except the defroster windshield wipers. But the defroster and wipers are all going through the same switch for the accessories. At least they are in my Honda. I have a 91 and I'm sure they didn't make a drastic change between the 91 and 94 when it comes to wiring. If the accessories switch of your ignition switch is bad then it won't be long before the whole switch goes bad. Good luck and let me know what you find out and maybe it will help with my problem.

I have to double check, but I though all those systems go through the Integrated Control Unit mounted directly above the Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box. See if the plug is loose, check the board for obvious signs of damage, swap with a known working unit, RE-CHECK the fuses.

Archived