B18C swap tips

So, I picked up a mint condition, completely stock 1990 integra a few months ago, every maintenance record for the past 20 years. A very nive ride. I missed my old DAs so much! However after my last integra having a B18c itr, im missing the high rpms compared to my B18a.

I've decided to go for a B18c1 obd1 swap. Just the engine (using my ls tranny) for now tho. I know I know, but for the moment ill be content with the ls tranny. The ls and gsr tranny arent so different that it would be a completely miserable driving experience. Obviously id rather have the gsr but for now, ill piece it together over time. Now, I know its a bolt in and I wont need much. Ill probably be ordering from hmotors for the engine. This would include the harness and the option to purchase the p72. Im really excited to do the swap since this will be the first swap I've done for myself. Im just looking for some tips on the electricssss. I will be getting the obd1 conversion. I just don't know how to install it. Derrrrr. Im assuming I will use the gsr harness, and ecu however I just don't know how it all plugs up. Will it just.be a plug and play? Ill use the gsr harness and hook it into the gsr ecu and call it a day? Where does the conversion go? And since obviously the harness and ecu will be made for vtec already, I wont need any vtec conversion correct?

Hope someone can help clear this up. I've done a lot of research however I can't clear this up for myself. Help me understand what parts ill need, and how they install... basically some black and white, step by step directions... thanks a-much

You should only need a ECU jumper check out rywire, OBD0 to OBD1 I think its like $100 and it comes with the VTEC subharness and makes it pretty much plug and play err drive lol.

You should only need a ECU jumper check out rywire, OBD0 to OBD1 I think its like $100 and it comes with the VTEC subharness and makes it pretty much plug and play err drive lol.

So basically, use the my existing ls harness, plug into the harness and plug into the ecu? P72 im guessing?

Also, will I need a distributor conversion for the odb1 change?

Yes thats right, plug your harness into the jumper and the jumper to the ECU (P72). Correct to make the swap legit you would need an OBD0-OBD1 Distributor harness.

This would be most simple for wiring. Good luck

Yes thats right, plug your harness into the jumper and the jumper to the ECU (P72). Correct to make the swap legit you would need an OBD0-OBD1 Distributor harness.

This would be most simple for wiring. Good luck

Thanks man. I've done swaps before but this will be the first solo project for myself. I just like to go into things with a confidence without questions certain tthings I want to make sure I've got what I need when I do the swap since its my dd.

Please post any other info that might helpful, past experience/issues with a swap, or pictures or whatever.

Archived