Interior Lights

Sean2012

Depends how you want them.

If you want them always on, you can run them to a fuse for something that is on with acc mode.

Or you can wire them to a switch.

ok well this is what i would like to do. install them to the fuse box and put a switch on it that ill buy can i do that? and where would i plug them into the fuse box? <thats my biggest question

Ok so what you're going to do is buy a fuse adder like this:

fuse-adder.jpg

and also a switch of your choice.

Your LEDs should have two wires, one for power one for ground. You want to find a good ground for all your LEDs, this can be a bolt with a metal/metal contact. If there is some paint, just sand it off.

Then wire the power wire for the LEDs to the switch, and the other prong on the switch goes to the fuse adder.

Sort of like this:

LEDWiring.jpg

Depending on what type of LEDs you have and how many will depend on what size fuse you want to tap into, but typically 5 is fine.

Your fuse box is most likely located on the drivers side above the dead pedal.

Ok so what you're going to do is buy a fuse adder like this:

fuse-adder.jpg

and also a switch of your choice.

Your LEDs should have two wires, one for power one for ground. You want to find a good ground for all your LEDs, this can be a bolt with a metal/metal contact. If there is some paint, just sand it off.

Then wire the power wire for the LEDs to the switch, and the other prong on the switch goes to the fuse adder.

Sort of like this:

LEDWiring.jpg

Depending on what type of LEDs you have and how many will depend on what size fuse you want to tap into, but typically 5 is fine.

Your fuse box is most likely located on the drivers side above the dead pedal.

Okay thanks for all the help. Let me just make sure im right...

So i get the adapter into the number 5 spot

1120001526.jpg

Then the ground wire i just connect it to any bolt on the car? srry i dont understand that

Okay thanks for all the help. Let me just make sure im right...

So i get the adapter into the number 5 spot

1120001526.jpg

Then the ground wire i just connect it to any bolt on the car? srry i dont understand that

Nope, not the number 5 spot, you want to plug into a spot that has a 5 amp fuse.

See those numbers on the fuses, find one that has the number 5 on it, take it out, plug that 5 amp fuse into the adapter you buy, then plug the adapter into the spot where the fuse was.

As for the ground, it can't be any bolt, just one that is bolted to metal. You may want to pull up your carpet a little bit to find one. If you have a voltmeter you can check to see if the bolt is grounded or not.

I hope that helps, let me know if you're still unclear on anything.

Nope, not the number 5 spot, you want to plug into a spot that has a 5 amp fuse.

See those numbers on the fuses, find one that has the number 5 on it, take it out, plug that 5 amp fuse into the adapter you buy, then plug the adapter into the spot where the fuse was.

As for the ground, it can't be any bolt, just one that is bolted to metal. You may want to pull up your carpet a little bit to find one. If you have a voltmeter you can check to see if the bolt is grounded or not.

I hope that helps, let me know if you're still unclear on anything.

Alight Thanks Alot im pretty sure i get it now. Ill set it up sometime today and maybe put some pics up later. Thanks!

Archived