this is a problem i cant solve.

demon_belial

my accord does not warm up on its own i have to keep my foot on the gas in the morning when is cold because it will just stall. ones it warms up it does not turn off any more. it runs good after dont know what it mite be any body have any ideas on why dosent it stay on on its own.

try cleaning your IACV maybe

Much respect 'airjordan', but during warm-up, both the Fast Idle Thermo Valve (FITV) and the Intake Air Control Valve (IACV) provide the air needed to keep the engine running.

'demon_belial' you'll want to remove the intake tube to confirm a blockage, so use your finger during warm-up and see which holes in the Throttle Body are sucking in air. I suspect the FITV hole will either have low or no flow. Recheck after warm-up, the IACV should be the only one sucking air at idle. Note: the FITV can pull a small amount of vac when shut but nowhere nearly as much as during warm-up.

Let us know what you find.

Much respect 'airjordan', but during warm-up, both the Fast Idle Thermo Valve (FITV) and the Intake Air Control Valve (IACV) provide the air needed to keep the engine running.

'demon_belial' you'll want to remove the intake tube to confirm a blockage, so use your finger during warm-up and see which holes in the Throttle Body are sucking in air. I suspect the FITV hole will either have low or no flow. Recheck after warm-up, the IACV should be the only one sucking air at idle. Note: the FITV can pull a small amount of vac when shut but nowhere nearly as much as during warm-up.

Let us know what you find.

Well i cleaned out the FITV to make sure is cleaned inside after putting everything back in place. I turn the car on now during warm up i notice both holes have suction going trough them. ones the car reached a normal temp i notice the top hole witch i belive it goes to the (IACV) had a small suction and the bottom hole witch i think is the one that goes to the (FITV) had a large amount of suction. when i covered the bottom hole the car just turned off. I tryied it twice and both times the car just died. now im not sure if the way i labeled the holes is correct.TOP hole to (IACV) and BOTTOM hole to (FITV) if im correct then their is defently something wrong whith the (FITV) maybe thats why i dont have a high rpm at first start up when car is cold.i have to hold the peddle for about a minute before i can let go and the car can stay on at high idle on its own.what can possibly be the problem do i need a new (FITV)?

Archived