2010 Accord no Auto-Headlights..

wadeg

I recently bought a brand new 2010 Honda Accord fully loaded v6 /exl with navi and four months into it, after a lot of rain or damp mornings, the "auto-lights" don't work anymore. I can still turn my lights on manually, but hey, wtf. I took the vehicle into the dealership and they looked at it and they replaced a switch. Bingo. No more problems..for 2 months. Now, 6 months into this new car, I have yet again, no more "auto-headlights" and the last time I took it in to the mechanic he told me that the test equipment and diagnostics came out good and that nothing of the problem could be duplicated. I reminded him that last time a switch fixed this same exact issue. I reminded him that the part number still exists on the last invoice for this problem, but service was reluctant to do anything about it. Just a over-view diagnostics test. I am not pleased nor satisfied that such a small part could have fixed the issue...

Anyway..are these headlights controlled by a bad sensor or why would a switch cause this "no-auto" headlights to not work as advertised after rain and damp mornings? Any help is greatly appreciated..

Wadeg

You really need to be working with the dealer on this one. The new generation Honda are a whole new breed and although there are chips for some on the scan tools that some shops have for diagnosis a problem like you are describing is best diagnosed at a dealer with the HDS scanner. Yes it could be the switch but everything on that car runs through 'can' systems, either the f-can c-can etc., as well as through the multiplex unit, sensors etc. You come across as though it should be a simple fix, when in fact it may take a while for them to figure out...

Thank for the reply. I needed to hear it. I love my car and just hate that it was so new and then this. Its not a big deal, but I was hoping they would order a switch again. Anyways, I am planning to give it to them for a full evening and day this weekend. Wish me luck..

Archived