man roof to elec roof?

SmokeeDizzla

If youre too lazy to manually take your roof off, then youre definitely not going to be able to swap in an electric one

i would if it took less then 1 weekend lol 1 weekend of pain is well worth it then keep doing the roof manually, I did not care about the roof when i bought it i just wanted a Del sol lol now it bugs the hell out of me lol

I'd be really shocked if anyone but a Pro could line all the parts up nad be prepared enough to get the swap done in a weekend. It's a LOT of work. There are threads out there documenting the Trans Top surgery required and who will see you the parts needed, it's just not cheap, easy, and when done, you have a lot of tuning to make it work right and you still give up valuable trunk space. Good luck.

And even as installed by Honda, 15 years down the road, I've heard they are a little tweaky to keep operating due to all the electro mechanical switches and safeties involved. I can't imagine how one I cobbled together might behave. wacko.gif My luck it would get stuck in the up position all the time and I would have to drive around with my trunk lid at roof level for weeks at a time.

yeah i think i will leave it manual and yeah i know what you mean on that Mchester knowing my look it will get stuck down and i wont be able to get it back up have to drive around with an umbrella and no i dont fancy cutting away at my boot i dont want to cut away at any part of the sol lol , think i will spend the money on a engine transplant instead.

Archived