Amp/Sub Installation

GalenMan679

Hey everyone,

I just bought an INSIGNIA 1000 watt amp and 2 12's in a box(with lights) and I have zero experience installing audio. I was wondering if someone could provide some insight into installing the system in my 2001 Accord. I have a stock deck unit. Any help would be really awesome. Thanks a lot!

IMG00017-20101010-1454.jpg

IMG00013-20101010-1453.jpg

IMG00016-20101010-1453.jpg

IMG00018-20101010-1454.jpg

IMG00021-20101010-1455.jpg

IMG00020-20101010-1455.jpg

Wow thanks a lot for your help in such short amount of time! I guess that's how things work around here at hondaforums lol. I'm reading through the insignia manual now. Im extremely grateful you found that for me. I can't wait to get started on setting up and wiring my first stereo system! I'll let you know how things go when I'm finished but I'll most likely be back on here before that happens asking for more help haha.

Okay, so i've been doing a lot of research and I couldn't find this in the forums... Do I have to run the power cable straight from the battery to my trunk where the amp and subs are mounted? Is there a fuse somewhere in the interior that I can connect the amp to instead of finding a way through the dash? And what route through the dash do you recommend if there's no interior hookup for the amp? also, when I do finally get to the install, i will have to unplug the battery and reset the radio, what is the easiest way to get the radio security code?

Yes the power cable goes all the way back to the trunk to the amp.

The best way is to find the firewall and push it through that. Usually there are two, one by the battery and one by the drivers side. It usually comes out above the clutch pedal but it depends on the car.

Also the fuse for the power cable should be put close to the battery. And no you need to use a fuse that is made to handle the power for the amp, these fuses are pretty big.

Probably the easiest way to run the wires is behind the carpet, and then pull up the door sills and run it under there.

Some people run the power cable on the opposite side of the sound cables to prevent interference, but that's up to you.

Also when you run your ground wire from the amp, make sure its metal on metal contact. Usually you can find a bolt in the trunk to loosen up and put the ground under that, but scratch any paint off of that spot so its clean.

The security code should be in the glovebox somewhere, or in your owners manual. If you can't find it in there I think you need to call the dealer and give them proof of ownership and the VIN to your car.

I hope that answered all of your questions

Archived