No Spark at the coil

prelude98

Hi, After i pull out my engine to change out the ps pressure hose and to change out the tranny and timing balancer belt. I put back in the engine every fire up but no spark. I check and there is no spark at the coil. I order a use one there is still no spark. I check the resist. it at 18-19 ohm (coil). can i be the ingiter module? or main relay? Also for got to mention I go a 15.9 reading on the connector to the coil with key in on. help plz... Thank you...

If it ran before then it is probably something that you did. If everything is reconnected properly then I would be looking at (1) did you put the distributor in 180 degrees off or (2) possibly a bad ignitor. Is your "15.9" reading a voltage reading? To determine if the coil is bad you can in theory check the resistance across it. It you are gett 15.9 volts at the coil and the car is not firing then check 1 and 2 in my list.

If it ran before then it is probably something that you did. If everything is reconnected properly then I would be looking at (1) did you put the distributor in 180 degrees off or (2) possibly a bad ignitor. Is your "15.9" reading a voltage reading? To determine if the coil is bad you can in theory check the resistance across it. It you are gett 15.9 volts at the coil and the car is not firing then check 1 and 2 in my list.

[/q

Thank you Turtlehead, I got the car going again. I have the front timing balancer pully on the wrong mark. After I did the adjustment I did not put the alternator wiring back on. I'd have one of my buddy come over and look at the car and he saw that the alternator was not connect. He told me to connect it. Then it fire right up. I did also change out the ignition module also and reset the ecu during the time I decided to put the alternator wiring back in. Thank you again.

Thank you to all who have read and try to help me solve my problem. I have a buddy over and he help solve the problem. My alternator was not connect during the time i was checking for spark. After It was connected the car started right up. Once again Thank you to all who have read and try to help me.

Archived