96 Del Sol Si... problems with starting! plz read!

ayalgol12

i just got my 96 del sol si vtech! but its has a d16y8 in it! it was turning on perfectly and now its acting strange!

the last owner rewired the car soo tht i have to twist the key twice and the hold in the windsheild washer fluid thing in soo itll crank on! but now when i twist the key twice im getting no power and when i hold the key in to crank all the power turns on and i can push in the wiper thing to turn it on but if i let go of the key it would turn off!! i check all the fuses and idk what to really do or look for! any suggestions please???

Haha whaaaat?

Turn the key twice and push the wiper? That is super sketchy man, probably wouldn't have bought that car if I were you. Who knows what other weird problems are being hidden.

i was sketchy at first but i got the car for a really good price and i had it for over 3 months and it was running good till now! it still runs but i have to hold the key in the whole time im driving it... but ima try to wire it back to factory n see how tht works out... im hoping i dont need a new ignition

Archived