1998 LX problems

hagerman

so i have a 1998 civic lx and it broke down because it over heated and the radiator was bone dry a couple of days ago and then we fixed the problem with replacing hoses, so i turned it on and it seems to have trouble starting and when it idles it shake a lot and when you go and put it in drive in cuts of unless you give it gas.... also it seems to be making a putting sound out of the exhaust like it is pulsating.... also the check engine light is blinking..... any help would be great thanks and if you need a more detailed description let me know

did you watch your temp gauge at all to see if it overheated.

it started to smoke so i pulled over then i tried to start it again when it cooled down and it wouldnt start and the gauge was all the way up ...... one other thing is we took off the distributer to put a hose in properly... in saying this im wondering if we could have damaged it or something while putting it back in

dont see how you would have messed it up but you may have turned it and if that happend then your car can be 180 degrees out of timing. to fix that you just take it back off and turn in one turn then put it back on.

how long did you drive the car for while it was running hot???? you may have warped the head, cracked the block or a cylinder wall, blew your head gasket.

a way to see if you if you blew the head gasket is check your oil and see if its milky and also take off the oil cap and see if there is some milky residue up there. hope this helps

dont see how you would have messed it up but you may have turned it and if that happend then your car can be 180 degrees out of timing. to fix that you just take it back off and turn in one turn then put it back on.

how long did you drive the car for while it was running hot???? you may have warped the head, cracked the block or a cylinder wall, blew your head gasket.

a way to see if you if you blew the head gasket is check your oil and see if its milky and also take off the oil cap and see if there is some milky residue up there. hope this helps

thanks a ton man i think that is what we did is turned it.. ill fix it and see if it works and let you know

Archived