98 Accord... possible dead fuse problem?

DarienA

Hey all I have a 98 Honda Accord... after the pounding we took here in Baltimore, MD last night I was happy to see no damage due to falling trees, branches, etc in the apt. complex I live in. However when I started up the car I noted two problems.

#1. My power locks are dead. None of the 4 door switches work and even putting the key in the drivers door and holding it back to unlock the 4 doors isn't doing anything.

#2. The drivers window control panel. The 2 switches on that panel that control the drivers front and rear windows work fine. The 2 switches that control the passengers front and rear window are not functioning. However the individual window controls on those passenger doors work the windows just fine.

For issue #1 I thought the problem might be the fuse located on the passenger's side #12. So I swapped it with #16 which controls the rear right power window. It still didn't work, even though the rear right power window worked fine. Ok so it's not the fuse that controls power locks...

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

hey, I have that same problem. However, at one time its working again and I don't know why, then few weeks later its happen again. I think the wire is loosen or something, not the fuse because I have checked every single one.

I am not a mechanic, but I hate to take it to the dealer because they are not really honest and trying to empty my wallet. My previous problems with the dealer from my older car was when I bring it to fix one thing, another problem will come up later and such problems were never happening to me before. This car I bought it from brand new so this is just a minor electronic problem, at least that is what I think, I don't want it to have any other problems later althought I really want to get it fix. Any help is appreciated.

Do you have a V6? There has been a service bulletin on this matter for the V6 model. Honda is aware of this but I have no idea how much a dealer would charge to fix it. It wouldn't hurt to give a Honda dealer a call and get a quote. There has been an emission recall and safety recalls on this vehicle as well.

If I where you I'd either call a dealer or even American Honda Motor Co., INC in Torrance, Cal, to see what information you can get. Maybe if they are in a good mood they can tell you exactly what's wrong and give you a fix for it.

I've seen this same exact post almost a month ago on Honda-Acura.net, you haven't got this problem fixed yet.

• 1 month later...

Found on another forum this same thread but the was a solution and it worked for me!!! whooohoooo just wanted to let you guys know!! in case someone else has the same problem!!

This is the quote from http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t164513.html

quote -->jweller

try resetting the multiplex system on the car.

set the intermitant wiper time to the middle position

turn the key on/off/on without starting the car <----quote

then you just try the doorlocks and bamm it works fine!! the windows worked also whoohooo!!! simple as 1-2-3!!!

Hope it can help someone else!!!

Archived