ordering a new system.. need opinions

Well, im ordering a new system for my truck. And I want some opinions on the setup i have chosen before i actually buy it. Ive done alot of research and i think this is the best system for the money. Im buying everything from sonicelectronix.com. For the subs, I have 2 10" Kicker 07CVR104's picked out that are 800w max. I have already bought a sony xpload XM-GTX1852 1000W amp thatll push 400w max at 4ohm. im buying a cheap box for now thats a solid 2 10" sub box, not ported.. for door speakers im getting 2 6.5 rockford punch p1653 speakers. And I already bought a jensen cd player with a 7inch flip out touch screen that pushes 40wx4 from a friend thats never been used before.. Im using the wires i have to wire it, which i believe are 4 gauge.. Now what i need help with is on if i should get a capacitor or not, and if so.. what size? I have no clue how to choose a capacitor.. And do yall think this will be a good system? please let me know

You already bought half of the equipment so there's no point in criticism, but as far as the capacitor goes you don't need it. You won't be drawing enough amps to worry about it and even if you were a capacitor is nothing more than a band-aid, if that. If your system ever causes your lights to dim, idle to lower, volts to drop, etc you'll need to upgrade your alternator and/or big 3.

You won't need a capacitor.

Also you do realize that your system will sound only as good as your box.

You should buy/build one to the correct specifications that the subs require.

Then you will have a good sounding system.

And do yall think this will be a good system? please let me know

If it does what you want it to do and its within your budget, then hey, i guess its a good system

But you went with not so good subwoofers, one of the worst possible amps you can have, and Jensen head units make baby Jesus cry.

Archived