Questions for the Prelude guys.

Braiton

Hey guys, probably some FAQs, but I just need some answers to my questions.

So I want a stock 2000 prelude, but what's the difference between the sh and the regular prelude.

Also, I heard prelude engines were insufficient, so they were discontinued in 2001.

Could I just swap in a gsr or a k22 and it would run great? How much would that cost me?

How much is a stock 2000 prelude sh and how much is the regular stock prelude.

Are there 6spd preludes around normally or are they normally 5spd?

Should I go with a 95 gti or 2000 prelude.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, probably some FAQs, but I just need some answers to my questions.

So I want a stock 2000 prelude, but what's the difference between the sh and the regular prelude.

The main difference between the base and the type SH is the ATTS system. There are differences in the block and suspension components. As a result some parts are type specific. This can be a problem if you are planning modifications to the car. The type SH is also slightly heavier because of the ATTS system and components. This shouldn't be a factor since the Prelude is not, and never will be a drag racing car. There are subtle cosmetic differences between the base and the type SH as well which include; colour matched side skirts, (factory) spoiler, no brake light in the rear window, courtesy lamps on the door panels, and a leather wrapped shift knob.

The base model is just that, the base model. It was available in automatic or five speed manual, whereas the type SH was only available with he manual transmission. The side skirts are black plastic, and spoilers could be added as a dealer option, which meant you now had four brake lights. The base model did not come with ATTS, and is easier to modify.

Also, I heard prelude engines were insufficient, so they were discontinued in 2001.

baloneyman.jpg

The H22 was one of the most powerful four cylinder engines Honda ever made. The type-S puts out 220 HP, which is the same as a 11.5:1 compression K20, without all the hassle of doing a complete swap to a different series motor. It would be less work to build an H22a4 up to the JDM Type-S specs then do a complete swap to a k-series.

Could I just swap in a gsr or a k22 and it would run great? How much would that cost me?

$5-8000 for 20 HP. Way more expensive than an H22 Type-S build, yet with the same results.

How much is a stock 2000 prelude sh and how much is the regular stock prelude.

Autotrader my friend. It depends on the mileage and the location.

Are there 6spd preludes around normally or are they normally 5spd?

They are all 5 speeds.

Should I go with a 95 gti or 2000 prelude.

It depends on what you want to do with it. The Prelude is not a dragster. It is a heavy, FWD 4cylinder. It was meant for the twisties, not straight line performance.

Thanks.

My pleasure.

Archived