1992 prelude h23 non vtec

SupraSev

Just wondering, i own a 1992 h23 non vtec lude that is asking me to give me some more juice with Hondas extra ordinary power we like to call Vtec. only problem is that they didnt make the h23 in vtec back in 92, is there ne chance i can swap out the head and the rest of the gizmos and be worthy? just wanna know if its been done before, and if the newest generation preludes head would fit even though there both 2.3 cc's, some people say yes others say no, stick to ur stock engines performance. :( u know us racers dont like to be told that u cant do that, which just drives me to wanna make it crazy. thanks guys , ne opinions references, links would help. catch u on the flip side

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

you can use the h22 head on the h23 block or you can just swap in a h22 since yours is a 92 you will have to run the vtec wires from the ecu harness. if you need any help you can feel free to email me.

• 3 months later...
Just wondering, i own a 1992 h23 non vtec lude that is asking me to give me some more juice with Hondas extra ordinary power we like to call Vtec. only problem is that they didnt make the h23 in vtec back in 92, is there ne chance i can swap out the head and the rest of the gizmos and be worthy? just wanna know if its been done before, and if the newest generation preludes head would fit even though there both 2.3 cc's, some people say yes others say no, stick to ur stock engines performance. :( u know us racers dont like to be told that u cant do that, which just drives me to wanna make it crazy. thanks guys , ne opinions references, links would help. catch u on the flip side

oh you can do that....

but from the countless post i've been reading to about this topic....

its a waste of money... and a cheap way to getting VTEC in your car.... its just as bad as doing a LS/VTEC on your car.... thats mah opinion....

but hey... that doesn't mean i'm stoping you from doing it.... but.... i learn from other people's mistakes....

you best to just drop a H22 rather than doing a head swap......

Archived