94 civic dx vtech cylinder head

the hawk

Hey guys so i have a cousin that wants to give me a vtech cylinder head to put into my 94 civic dx i am just wondering if it is worth my time to do this or not? like what kind of improvements will be made if i put this head on the car.... also is it pretty time consuming or not to bad i wouldnt think it would be that bad but i dont know.... any replies would be greatly appreciated pretty new to making mods to hondas so ignor if this is really stupid.....

Thanx

The Hawk

Hey guys so i have a cousin that wants to give me a vtech cylinder head to put into my 94 civic dx i am just wondering if it is worth my time to do this or not? like what kind of improvements will be made if i put this head on the car.... also is it pretty time consuming or not to bad i wouldnt think it would be that bad but i dont know.... any replies would be greatly appreciated pretty new to making mods to hondas so ignor if this is really stupid.....

Thanx

The Hawk

well its cool that you are new to working on honda but first and for most vtec dont not hvae a h. vtec stand for Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control... will it help your car yes but there is work you have to do you will have to change your ecu and you will have to run your wires to your new ecu. bc the one you hvae now doesnt have vtec. but you will be able to have more hp in your high revs. hope i helped some its hard for me to find the right words to tell you but i would do it. but i really like the b motor and k swaps. then you would get alot more power

well its cool that you are new to working on honda but first and for most vtec dont not hvae a h. vtec stand for Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control... will it help your car yes but there is work you have to do you will have to change your ecu and you will have to run your wires to your new ecu. bc the one you hvae now doesnt have vtec. but you will be able to have more hp in your high revs. hope i helped some its hard for me to find the right words to tell you but i would do it. but i really like the b motor and k swaps. then you would get alot more power

Hey man funny my name is trae as well but yea you should see if u could possibly give me a lil more info on the situation cuz im not exactly sure what ur saying i know about the ecu and everything but what else were you talking about at the beginning of the reply

see by just putting on the head you need to hook up your vtec solenoid i think it is 2 or 3 wires i cant remember off the top of my head..... sorry but you just run the wires thought the fire wall and into the ecu.... srry i cant help more with were on the ecu. but if you take it to a shop they can hook you up and they shouldnt chager much srry i cant help more...

• 3 weeks later...

u will also need a new timing belt, distributor, head gasket, plugs and wires. but its not super hard. but if ur going to put it on a dx it would be good to get a ex/si transmission the gears in the dx trans are really tall. it will be alot more fun to drive with the ex/si trans.

Archived