2001 Honda Accord - Vibrating on Acceleration

liquidhot

I have a 2001 Honda Accord that vibrates noticeably every time I get above 3000 RPMs. The whole car seems to vibrate, not just the steering wheel. It's especially noticeable on the windows and dash. I would like to fix it myself, but I'm not sure how to diagnose this problem.

Can anyone give me tips on where to start?

Is there any other information that is helpful when asking about a problem like this?

• 2 years later...

I have a 2001 Honda Accord that vibrates noticeably every time I get above 3000 RPMs. The whole car seems to vibrate, not just the steering wheel. It's especially noticeable on the windows and dash. I would like to fix it myself, but I'm not sure how to diagnose this problem.

Can anyone give me tips on where to start?

Is there any other information that is helpful when asking about a problem like this?

I know this is a very old post but I also have these problems. Started when my shop did an engine swap. 2000 Accord coupe 4cyl manual. Vibration starts slow at about 30 mph and becomes very violent above 50 mph and starts to go away around 70 mph. It has gotten worse overtime since the swap in July. Jacking up the car shows no play except for rotational play in both wheels of about 5 degrees and some clanking noises. Any thoughts?

Some more info, I put the front end up on jack stands and had someone watch it for me as I went through the gears. I could feel some vibration that felt just like when driving at the same speed and he said he could see the axels wobbling. I'm picking up both axels at Advance and putting them in later hoping it will fix it.

Archived