Getting ready for turbo

Trying to set a plan out before i get a car. Been stuck between which car to buy but i think im going with an EK (although still not sure. The people of HF have me thinking Del sol now). Really want a Type R B18c or B16B but heard hard to find so probably go with a GSR. First "major" mod would be a turbo. What i want to know is what i would need to turbo the motor. I know i am going to have to change the stock internals so what are the best parts to buy. What would be the best turbo, but reasonably cheap too. Also would this be something i could do at home. I have some mechanical know how still learning and know some people with this kind of experience. I know it more detailed but would this be how to install a turbo..Install the turbo header, install turbo , hook up the downpipe to turbo exhaust and done. Yes im a noob so constructive criticism only.

Trying to set a plan out before i get a car. Been stuck between which car to buy but i think im going with an EK (although still not sure. The people of HF have me thinking Del sol now). Really want a Type R B18c or B16B but heard hard to find so probably go with a GSR. First "major" mod would be a turbo. What i want to know is what i would need to turbo the motor. I know i am going to have to change the stock internals so what are the best parts to buy. What would be the best turbo, but reasonably cheap too. Also would this be something i could do at home. I have some mechanical know how still learning and know some people with this kind of experience. I know it more detailed but would this be how to install a turbo..Install the turbo header, install turbo , hook up the downpipe to turbo exhaust and done. Yes im a noob so constructive criticism only.

there is a good post at the tpo of this forum to answer these question.

read as much as you can before u even think about putting on a turbo.

most important of all get it tuned right.

Yea that is what i have been doing didnt know there was soo much that went into it. Believe or not most of my basic engine knowledge (as in what goes were. "Basic Engine Building" i guess) has come from playing Street Legal Racing:Redline. The game lets you build and tune the engines.

Archived