CRX for sale?

Anubian636

Hey all. Sorry if I'm being a little blunt here, but I didn't know where else to ask. I'm looking for a second-gen CRX in driveable condition in the NW NC or SW VA area. I can't seem to find many people wanting to part with them and I figured there might be someone on this site who'd know. Just reply to this post if you think you have an idea. Really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Hey all. Sorry if I'm being a little blunt here, but I didn't know where else to ask. I'm looking for a second-gen CRX in driveable condition in the NW NC or SW VA area. I can't seem to find many people wanting to part with them and I figured there might be someone on this site who'd know. Just reply to this post if you think you have an idea. Really appreciate it.

Hey Lex didnt know if you were still lookin for the CR-X but i noticed that you said you wanted one running when you bought it. Just an idea but I would look at anyone that I found if I where you and see what the say is wrong with it and if theres not a whole lot wrong with it then I would try to get it for a reasonable price. Its gonna be hard to find one running that someone is trying to sale like you said. The reason being is the CR-X is a hard car to find as you have probably figured out so when somebody finds one and gets it running most of the time they're not gonna want to come off of it. You may get lucky like I did though if you do what I told you. I found a CR-X and when I went to look at it and get information about it the guy told me that the clutch was out and that it had a few other odds and ends that I would have to fix to get it running. I wound up paying 600 for my CR-X and when I started workin on it i found out that the clutch bracket was broken so the CNS wasnt getting push all the way in like it should be. So long story short I replaced the bracket, tightened the clutch cable up, replaced the spark plugs and wires (I went with NGK), changed the oil, and replaced the fuel filter and my car is now running. So just keep looking and I wish you luck.

It is possible that you blew the engine control computer. Let's hope that it is just a fusible link that blew. It will save you a lot of time and headaches , and possibly a lot of money, to not try "parts swapping" to fix it, but have a reputable mechanic at least check it out and give you a written prognosis and estimate. Get several of these from different places, not ones recommended by a previous place. Then compare notes and prices before you decide on your course of repair, be it yourself, or one of the shops.

Thanks

Archived