rev going up and down help

93dreamz

dont know whats the problem ive already changed my iacv on my 93 honda civic dx stock d15 and still idles from 2000rpms to 1000rpms anyone know how to fix or solve the problem??

Mine did the same thing. Thought it was air bubbles in coolant ended up

being throttle position sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

well i have the same problem with my 90 civic hatchback and i found the problem to be the tps the ground was bad on it.

so what i did was reground it to the intake manifold.

that seemed to fix the problem with my car

hope that helps you

throttle position sensor.

This is probably the problem, it has happened to me before on my older civic and has happened with my friends civics to. When it starts doing this its either three things the iacv, the throttle body sensor, or you have a vacuum leak.

• 6 years later...

After YEARS of having this problem with no engine light errors or anything to go off of. I've looked into everything and nothing was working until I was checking my timing with a timing gun and clamped it on the spark plug wire and wasn't working until I revved the engine up. So I had a bad spark plug wire this whole time and now its finally fixed. So it was pushing a dead cylinder this whole time. I feel the difference in power now that its replaced and no more idle fluctuations.

Archived