Needle Roller Bearing Assembly Removal

James Matteu

Does anyone know how to remove the Power Steering Needle Roller Bearing (P/N 91021-148-004)? I have only ever delt with drawn cup needle roller bearings with open ends that literally fell out of their mounting places. The Honda power steering pump uses a simple needle roller bearing and cage assembly that appears to be pressed into the power steering pump back plate. I found this out today when I went to the salvage yard to practice tearing down the 5th Gen Accord power steering pump. All went well until I got to trying to remove the Needle Roller Bearing. When I tried to pry it out; it fell apart. I have read elsewhere on the net that forcing these types of needle roller bearings in can either damage or destroy the assembly. I may just leave the one on my car alone, but I've already spent $14 on a new needle roller bearing and would like to use it.

Thanks for reading and thank you for any info you guys have.

Thanks for any bumps.

Archived