92 prelude si vtec idle problem

prophet

!!! ok here is the problem. i have no check engine light on so far... the car when started up immediately starts doing this reving problem where it goes from 800rpms to 2500 rpms and it does it non stop unless i put it in gear and actually start moving.... it used to do it every now and then before. but now its doing it everyday all day non stop unless in gear. can anyone help me and give me tips.... the engine is a h22a1 cai,full cat, and 2.5 spark wires...

!!! !!! also before the problem occured i had an inccident about two weeks before where i had oil in my intake which was going into the intake manifold thus causing my car to bog down and make big damn clouds of white smoke when giving it gas could anyone tell me why that was???

!!! !!! !!! willing to take any and all suggestions.... and if your going to be an ass just dont write thanks! :help: :help: :( :(

the rubber line that goes from the valve cover to the intake? take it off. leave the valve cover port OPEN and plug the hole in the intake. replace your PCV valve as well.

first off , make sure you dont have any vacuum leaks. im gonna assume this isnt the problem as you said the problem was progressive.

take your throttle body off , under the throttle body , there is a valve with a coolant line going in and comming out of it , this is called the FITV(fast idle thermal valve). on one end , there is a plate with 2-8mm bolts holding it on. remove those and the plate. inside there youl find a white plastic ring outside of what looks like a tampon applicator , hahaha. the tampon applicator should be able to be pushed in and come back spring loaded. the white ring on the outside has 2 dashes one on each side , look like flat head screwdriver head , well use a flathead to tighten that white plastic piece till its tight , righty tighty(clockwise).

also , in between the valve cover and the intake manifold , there is 2-12mm bolts holding whats called the IACV(idle air control valve). take the 2 bolts out , remove the 2 wire plug , remove the 2 coolant lines 1 in and 1 out same as the FITV , clean the screen in the gasket. make sure the valve opens and closes by grounding 1 wire of the 2 , and the momentarily touching the other with a 12v wire. should click , and if your holding it youl feel it. you can look in the holes on it and see the plunger move. make sure when sealing it to the intake manny again , that it is sealed good. very important.

please for the love of fuking god moderators , sticky this dam post as cleaning FITVIACV somewheres.

Archived