d16y8 head on my z6

civi93ex

I've done this setup on my wife's 95 civic, 1) your distributor will need to be modified, just opening up the front and bottom ears a little bit, 2) correct me if I'm wrong but all depending what comp. pistons you're getting if any, you could be running a compression around 9.5 to 10.5 like I said all depending on the setup you doing, also I know the Y8 heads have a much greater quench area, but not so go port flow.

just going with the stock pistons i read at ht that it would give you like 9.6:1, did this setup work out on your wifes car, im going to rebuild the head before i put it on, like new valves(maybe), new cam, new springs and retainers.

I was lookin at the car tonight with a friend of mine and it started to act up and he said it sounds like something in the distributor, now that I think about if that is the problem then that would cause the MAP sensor and the stalling out to become a problem. I'm going to replace the distributor with a spare one that I have, and hopefully it will be fixed. :)

Archived