2004 accord p0785 code help?

craymond5

Hi my girlfriend has a 2004 Accord with the 4 cylinder and it has just thrown the P0785 code for the 3-2 shift solenoid. Any suggestions on what the common way to fix this is? I am not familiar with hondas or automatic transmissions for that matter. Is there a shift solenoid part that I just need to replace? The car will all of a sudden flash lights on the dash such as the abs, brake lights and radio lights and start to stall. Sometimes it will stall out completely. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi my girlfriend has a 2004 Accord with the 4 cylinder and it has just thrown the P0785 code for the 3-2 shift solenoid. Any suggestions on what the common way to fix this is? I am not familiar with hondas or automatic transmissions for that matter. Is there a shift solenoid part that I just need to replace? The car will all of a sudden flash lights on the dash such as the abs, brake lights and radio lights and start to stall. Sometimes it will stall out completely. Any help greatly appreciated.

I would start with the "light" issue as the cause of that may be related to the transmission code. I think I would start by replacing the interior fuse panel located on the drivers side kick (side) panel. Honda has had issues with various lighting etc. problems and we have replaced several of the fuse pannels. In fact Honda has dramatically lowered the price on the unit. The last one was around 30 dollars. They are simple to replace and based on what you are describing given your generation you are dealing with a likely source. I would start there and see if that fixes things.

As far as the solenoid, yes you can replace them, but typically all you have to do is remove the solenoid and clean the filter screen that is part of the unit. You would see it attached to the solenoid if you were to remove it.

But start with the electrical. The is my two cents...

Archived