idle problems causing stalls

alexfield6100

I just bought a 93 civic. It seems to run great except occasionally when accelerating from stop it will drop the idle and stall out. Also right after I start it up the idle will go up, and shortly after go down, sometimes stalling. Its funny though because I will drive it around sometimes and have absolutely no problems. Another thing I might add is that the gas gauge is broken so I drove it around for awhile with about a half gallon of gas, which I thought was the problem. I filled the tank and it was still happening. Could air be in the fuel lines? Should I clean out the IACV? New air filter? Thanks for the help.

I just bought a 93 civic. It seems to run great except occasionally when accelerating from stop it will drop the idle and stall out. Also right after I start it up the idle will go up, and shortly after go down, sometimes stalling. Its funny though because I will drive it around sometimes and have absolutely no problems. Another thing I might add is that the gas gauge is broken so I drove it around for awhile with about a half gallon of gas, which I thought was the problem. I filled the tank and it was still happening. Could air be in the fuel lines? Should I clean out the IACV? New air filter? Thanks for the help.

i have a some what similar problem on my lude, i was told from a tech at a local tuner shop hereit was most likely my 02 sensors,vacuum leak, valves needing adjustment, and a good tune up, i would try switching the o2s and try finding a vacuum leak

also i would try using some seafoam through the gas tank and through the main fuel vacuum hose to clean out the carbon build up, could just have clogged injectors

new air filter wouldnt hurt to buy a new 1, also try taking off your fast idle valve and clean it, that might help with the high and low idling

Archived