Fuel Pump help...

klock89

Alright, So I am having issues with my fuel pump on my 1990 Honda Civic EX 1.6l fully stock.... I have owned the car for a year now... and never had a problem with the fuel pump. then all of a sudden about 2months ago, I would get off the freeway and the car would sputter, and occasionally die, otherwise it would kick back up and run fine. Then about 2weeks ago it decides to fire fine, and I can sit in park for 5seconds or 2hours, and it will constantly run, the second I drop it into reverse, it would die. then would usually happen during a quick run in, into the house or stopping at a store. I figured the fuel pump was going bad, so I hot wired it off of the battery, and its not the issue, but before testing the fuel pump, I tested my main relays and fuses... All appear to be good. the relay plug, with the relay unplugged has 2 powers with a light test, and then I plug in the relay and I have 3 powers, there fore I know, I have 2 powers in and 1 power out, and a ground, what are my other 3 wires?????? Is this normal? I hooked my fuel pump back up in the backseat, sat it next to me in the front seat, and I still have nothing. My float is good, and has power to it, which runs off that same harness. however, My fuel pump has no power... Anyone got any ideas for me, I been reading other topics, looking for my answers. I haven't came across anything that has been able to help me yet. Anyone able to help me, let me know please

sure its the fuel pump n not the icm (ignition control module) its located inside the distributor get some specs out of a manual n test it that is unless you sure u have a fuel delivery problem but sound like a similar fix i did on an accord a few weeks ago for a friend. n if it is it isnt hard to replace need any more help messege me

sorry i jumped the gun check the main relay the main fuel pump relay its in the dash driver side above the fuse panel u should hear clicking coming from it when the fuel pump is priming before starting it (key in the on pos but not started)

Alright, I have a slight faint click from it, when I turn the key to II, but fuel pump doesn't kick on, , and my main fuel pump relay, is that the one that controls the blinkers as well? It is definitly a fuel delivery issue, well atleast an electrical issue... I pushed thumb tacks into my plugin under the backseat and tested them with a light test, the float has power, however the pump doesn't. the pump doesn't kick on period, unless I hotwire it, I could probably hook it up in another car and have the same issue, I went to pick-n-pull and yanked another pump and same issue. the pump dont kick on, and I have check my lines under the hood, and am getting no gas period...

Alright, I have a slight faint click from it, when I turn the key to II, but fuel pump doesn't kick on, , and my main fuel pump relay, is that the one that controls the blinkers as well? It is definitly a fuel delivery issue, well atleast an electrical issue... I pushed thumb tacks into my plugin under the backseat and tested them with a light test, the float has power, however the pump doesn't. the pump doesn't kick on period, unless I hotwire it, I could probably hook it up in another car and have the same issue, I went to pick-n-pull and yanked another pump and same issue. the pump dont kick on, and I have check my lines under the hood, and am getting no gas period...

main fuel pump relay controls just that. i know there is alot of relays down there but u really need to check that relay. i aint at home so i cant expain at the moment the procedure needed in order to check it. does it have problems starting if the car is left in the sun do u park it in the shade i know sound like a funky question.

main fuel pump relay controls just that. i know there is alot of relays down there but u really need to check that relay. i aint at home so i cant expain at the moment the procedure needed in order to check it. does it have problems starting if the car is left in the sun do u park it in the shade i know sound like a funky question.

Ah Ha!! after some online research I found the Fuel Pump Relay, and was able to pick-N-Pull 3 of them after I got my hands on a Ohms meter and found out the problem was just that.. i got it thanks!!

Ah Ha!! after some online research I found the Fuel Pump Relay, and was able to pick-N-Pull 3 of them after I got my hands on a Ohms meter and found out the problem was just that.. i got it thanks!!

not a problem. anytime u need help remember jay00Si i was a honda tech for a while n ive owned lots of hondas. glad i could help n glad to hear our back on the road!!!!!

Archived