Engine is 'popping'

1994 Honda civic 1.5 liter with 1.6 liter head, 1.6 liter distributor, headers, stock ecu (no wiring to ecu).....

I finally got my 1.6 distributor in, and its running the same as my 1.5 liter distributor.

I adjusted the idle to 1000rpm's just to keep it from dying. Timing should be near ok.

When cold, It starts fine, after 15 seconds it starts popping out the exhaust. I know i need to get a couple gaskets for my exhaust, but this sound is a popping.

Do i need more backpressure with my headers and 1.6 head upgrade? Is my cat causing this? thanks, drew

It just sounds likes it missing...but i have no engine lights on. Getting fuel and spark to every cylinder, but number 1 cylinder only has 60 psi compression.

yes i do. when i was installing my engine, bolting the header to my cat, it seemed like there was ALOT of substance in the cat...i'm sure it needs to be there, but can i just take the cat off?

I got underneath and my exhuast past my headers is pretty much shot. holes, leaks, etc. I'm not getting hardly any flow out the very end of my muffler. this probaby the cause?

Anyone have a cheap complete exhuast system for sale? I missed a holley 5 " exhuast for $150 yesterday. Damn.

I got underneath and my exhuast past my headers is pretty much shot. holes, leaks, etc. I'm not getting hardly any flow out the very end of my muffler. this probaby the cause?

Anyone have a cheap complete exhuast system for sale? I missed a holley 5 " exhuast for $150 yesterday. Damn.

If it's before the cat then absolutely.

My cat seems ok, but everything after that to the tailpipe is bad. Resonator has a hole, and it's not clamped on well to the pipe, seems to be the wrong size, but it wont clamp anymore...and the pipes are just rusty and leaking..

Archived