1991 integra brake problems

Intac1991

aiight... i have a 91 integra the brakes dont work at all!!! i was hoping someone would have the answer... i have figured out that it is not the brake master cylinder... i think it is either the brake lines or brake calipers... any solutions!?

i confirmed that it is not the brake master cylinder because i changed it out... well they are just not doing anything... the pedal goes straight to the floor... if i pump them rapidly then it hardens up a lil bit but no brakes... im kinda leaning towards caliper but not sure its like theres no pressure in the lines

pullin out a spark plug and its covered in oil what could that be? its on a friends honda hes just gonna get it running now after it sat about 3 years....

i confirmed that it is not the brake master cylinder because i changed it out... well they are just not doing anything... the pedal goes straight to the floor... if i pump them rapidly then it hardens up a lil bit but no brakes... im kinda leaning towards caliper but not sure its like theres no pressure in the lines

If it were a caliper, it would be hard immediately. Having to pump to build pressure is a typical master cylinder failure symptom. Is it leaking any fluid?

Oil on the spark plug is most likely the plug tube seals leaking in down into the spark plug well. When he pulled the plug out, the oil transferred onto the plug.

• 1 month later...
bleed the brakes then see what that does. also look for any loss of fluid

agreed

there could be air in the lines,

had the same problem when i help a friend change his clutch master cylinder just never had the pressure to fully engage the the clutch to put into gear do to air in the line. once u think your done bleeding the lines keep on going til your damn foot or arm hurts then use the other til it hurts HAHAHA

bleeding the brakes is alot faster than the clutch though so gl with that 1 man

• 2 months later...

takes 5 minutes TOPS to bleed a clutch. if it takes you that long , you dont know what your doing.

if your bleeding a clutch like you do brakes , your doing it dead wrong.

Archived