H22A1 vtec not engaging HELP PLEASE

prophet

alright here is the problem i have an h22a1 in a 92 prelude when i first got the car the vtec would kick in at 5000 rpms exactly but now the CEL is on i have no power anymore i feel like im driving a civic now with no vtec.... when it hits the 5000 it wont do anything at all also when the vtec went out so did my odometer it just says that im going 0 mph please dear god help me.... dont want to get rid of my car cause i can fix the problem only if i know what it is :help: :help: :(

look here in nc these fracks around here are tryin to weiner me over on the price just to check the codes.... on the walls of all their damn shops it says 35 or 45 but when i start talking to them they try and bump the price up to around 120.... i dont feel like doing all that.... if someone can just tell me what it might be then damn that would be alot better then just saying check the codes.... what i have read in other forums is that it might be the intake manifold," vtec solonoid if there is one", the number 12 fuse which i havent found crap about either.... and for the speedometer problem they say it can be the speed sensor which im about to go buy now im hoping when i do the install for that the crap works..... just if someone has an idea or has had this happen to them hit me up on here or email me at kilik79@yahoo.com

Of course we could tell you what it *might* be, but if we're wrong you're still stuck at the beginning. Without knowing what is wrong, can't really point you in a direction. If a 92 Prelude is still ODB1 you can check the code yourself. Also, drop the attitude if you want help around here.

whatever so far none of the people in this forum has even given me a might be answer so why should i lose the attitude clubrsx is doing a hell of alot better than the ppl in here who wont even answer me.... so if your not going to help why write....

whatever so far none of the people in this forum has even given me a might be answer so why should i lose the attitude clubrsx is doing a hell of alot better than the ppl in here who wont even answer me.... so if your not going to help why write....

I am giving you help. Pull the code and fix the problem. What is so difficult about that? I CANNOT point you in a direction, WITHOUT knowing what is wrong. If the people at ClubRSX are throwing out random potentials, you could spend hundreds of dollars before actually fixing your problem. If that's what you want, then stay there and get the f*ck out of here.

ok i guess your right but crap for the prices that im getting im just better off waiting cause i just want to rebuild the whole engine and the car till everything is brand new then start from there.... but thanks and the people in clbrsx arent helping worth crap either havent even talked about anything thats close to the topic

ok i guess your right but crap for the prices that im getting im just better off waiting cause i just want to rebuild the whole engine and the car till everything is brand new then start from there.... but thanks and the people in clbrsx arent helping worth crap either havent even talked about anything thats close to the topic

At least pull the code, so you know what you're dealing with. If it's a cheap fix then you'll know what needs to be done.

• 2 weeks later...

well about two days ago i pulled the codes it was just the speed sensor... so now hopefully when i install it the problem will go away... but the ppl at this shop called jdm automotive said that on preludes and accords when the speed sensor goes out it the vtec wont engage anymore

well about two days ago i pulled the codes it was just the speed sensor... so now hopefully when i install it the problem will go away... but the ppl at this shop called jdm automotive said that on preludes and accords when the speed sensor goes out it the vtec wont engage anymore

Yea, until it's replaced with a functioning unit.

Archived