89 Civic DX no start

civic_crazy91

Ok, well i turn my car off after driving for a bit i try to start it and it will not start. The check engine light stays on and there is no spark. Some times it will start after about 30 min, or if i pull the hazard and ecu fuse as well as disconnect battery. i let it sit over night and still nothing, everyone said it was the main relay so i replaced it and still nothing. After trying one more time i disconnected everything and went to get the trailer, when i got back...IT STARTED. Can anyone tell me what is going on? its my only car and i dont want to be stranded anymore?!?

Sounds related to the dizzy, id check coil/ignitor. I had a similar issue with one of my brother's accords, new main relay and still nothing we weren't getting any spark. Tracked the spark starting with the plugs to the coil where the prob was.

Good luck, and if you haven't already id pick up a chiltons or haynes for your car.

Archived