1990 Honda Prelude ac compressor

Nicee46

All, new to the Honda forums (as I don't own one) but I am trying to help a girl out at work. The stealership is trying to stick her with a $1600.00 bill to change out her AC Compressor, and I told her I would try to help her out. The compressor is about $252.00 for a rebuilt one....but I am not sure if I can take on the job without help.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Trying to be "the hero" :lock:

Dane, out

All, new to the Honda forums (as I don't own one) but I am trying to help a girl out at work. The stealership is trying to stick her with a $1600.00 bill to change out her AC Compressor, and I told her I would try to help her out. The compressor is about $252.00 for a rebuilt one....but I am not sure if I can take on the job without help.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Trying to be "the hero" :lock:

Dane, out

sadly, the cost of a/c is always gonna be expensive. But the dealership will charge you more than it should cost. Sadly i dont know anything about this sort of problem. Which kinda makes this post useless...hmmmmmmm

Sorry, man. :(

sadly, the cost of a/c is always gonna be expensive. But the dealership will charge you more than it should cost. Sadly i dont know anything about this sort of problem. Which kinda makes this post useless...hmmmmmmm

Sorry, man. :(

No prob....thanks for sayin hi!!!!

AC repair is expensive because you have to evacuate the system to keep the refrigerant from polluting the environment. Sadly, I'm going to recommend *at least* going to a qualified shop and mechanic.

Archived