Code 9 Problems

Ever since i swapped in a B16a2 into my hatch i have had a Code 9 cel, Cyp Sensor

im running a TD-44U with a chipped P28

I have done some research and tried to eliminate the problem

- Replaced the distributor 5 times now with autozone and napa

- Rewired/ Repinned the Orange and White wires

- Tried my brothers P28 out of his car that throws no codes on his car

I have read on some forums that people say that if the timing is slightly off it can throw this code.

-but since its an obd1 conversion that wouldnt be true correct since the sensors in the distributor

right?

I have also read somewhere that it could be the cyp sensor to far from the center of the distributor

is it even possible to move it?

Please help

• 2 weeks later...
Ever since i swapped in a B16a2 into my hatch i have had a Code 9 cel, Cyp Sensor

im running a TD-44U with a chipped P28

I have done some research and tried to eliminate the problem

- Replaced the distributor 5 times now with autozone and napa

- Rewired/ Repinned the Orange and White wires

- Tried my brothers P28 out of his car that throws no codes on his car

I have read on some forums that people say that if the timing is slightly off it can throw this code.

-but since its an obd1 conversion that wouldnt be true correct since the sensors in the distributor

right?

I have also read somewhere that it could be the cyp sensor to far from the center of the distributor

is it even possible to move it?

Please help

Man that sucks, i had a b18 do that to me and it was a sensor in the distributor, but you already replaced that, after that it would come into checking your wiring system :( bad new in my opinion....im not sure about the sensor being to far from the center of the distributor.........is the car running rough at all? cuz my timing was off as well it was retarded all the way and still off by like 5-6 degrees, but like i said distributor fix that, i would take it to a shop bud, but be ready to drop some money....or if it doesnt run rough just, and timing is fine just drive it...

Archived