guages istall

jackL0414

hi folks, i'm just after getting new guages and a pod, i've installed the vacuum and the volts guages fine but i haven't a clue where to run the oil pressure or the water temp leads to, can anyone help?

hi folks, i'm just after getting new guages and a pod, i've installed the vacuum and the volts guages fine but i haven't a clue where to run the oil pressure or the water temp leads to, can anyone help?

Unless you install the oil pressure sending unit you get with that gauge in your oil pan i wouldn't do it, it's a pain in the ass. Trust me, I installed mine on the outside of the pan and it's broke off and oil went everywhere. I had a mechanic tell me oh it's easy that way plus it's less stressfull, but i wish i would have put it in my oil pan.

Unless you install the oil pressure sending unit you get with that gauge in your oil pan i wouldn't do it, it's a pain in the ass. Trust me, I installed mine on the outside of the pan and it's broke off and oil went everywhere. I had a mechanic tell me oh it's easy that way plus it's less stressfull, but i wish i would have put it in my oil pan.

You don't put it in the pan. It has to be placed where oil is actually flowing.

You don't put it in the pan. It has to be placed where oil is actually flowing.

aight fair enough but where's that? my mate said there's a little thing on the front of the engine next to the exhaust manifold and if i take that out i can screw the gauge sensor in there.........

on some engines there is a plug on the front of the engine that you can plug the sensor in there, but I don't know where it is on the hondas. I've never put one in the front, your best bet is to get an oil filter sandwich adapter plate that goes between your oil filter and the engine and it has places to tap in for oil pressure and turbo oil feed. they are only like 20 or 30 bucks, and they would be your easiest and most simple fix.

Archived