Speakers and stereo for a 1993 honda civic dx

jseth

hey guys I have a 1993 Honda civic Dx it's completely stock, mainly since its so old there is no point to do anything major. Anyway I am looking to upgrade the speakers but am having some trouble. I measured the stock speakers and they are 6inches, if I get speakers that are 6.5 inches will they still fit? will I have to do any cutting? Also for an upgraded tape deck how do I know if it will fit? do I just measure both of them and make sure they are the same?

Im planning to purchase this stuff off overstock.com because they have some great deals, therefore I cant just go to a shop.

any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Nevermind, I was incorrect. I got the sizes switched. Doors are 6.5, rear seat sidepanels are 5.25. Indash mounting depth is 7 1/8 inches. This is for a hatch. If you have a coupe or sedan, change it from seat sidepanels to rear deck.

Ok a little confused I have a sedan and I just want to replace the front speakers that are on the doors so I would look for 6.5 inches? And does the same stay true for a sedan civic 1994?

Ok a little confused I have a sedan and I just want to replace the front speakers that are on the doors so I would look for 6.5 inches? And does the same stay true for a sedan civic 1994?

Correct. Nothing should change from 92-95. Curious as to why you don't want to change the rear deck speakers as well.

well the car is so old I really dont want to put a lot of money into it nor do I have a lot of money. I may replace the back ones aswell but I want to make sure I can install the front ones and see if they make a great difference. Is it difficult to replace speakers or is it just like replacing a radio?

well the car is so old I really dont want to put a lot of money into it nor do I have a lot of money. I may replace the back ones aswell but I want to make sure I can install the front ones and see if they make a great difference. Is it difficult to replace speakers or is it just like replacing a radio?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I helped my friend install speakers into his car. I know nothing about that kind of stuff but it was a pretty easy installation. I don't think you'll have a problem installing them yourself.

Depends. On my 91 Civic there were just wires. On my 91 Celica there was a plug. It's relatively simple to cut the plugs off and wire them up, but if you don't have to then why bother? If harnesses are available, go with them.

first off you are on the right track :thumbsup:

I have been doing honda sterio's for several years now and can do them in my sleep. all of the speakers are going to be 6.5'' front and back. you are going to need some spade terminal connectors for the speakers and a honda stereo wiring harness for the deck. as for what kind you need, all you need is a simple dimm style stereo which most are.

here is an example:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500IDAX200/Al...00.html?tp=5684

that is the size you need which most all are except navagation systems.

If you need any specific instructions just send me a message and I will be happy to help you out :thumbsup:

Archived