Front Brakes

Petey

I assume what you are asking is when you press the new bearing in which direction does the rubber seal vs. the metal side go?

The rubber seal side usually goes in so that it will be on the brake side of the hub. Therefore, the metal side should be placed in the hub first then pressed in. The metal side of the bearing will then be on the CV side of the hub. Don't forget to re-install the C-clip retaining ring...

I assume what you are asking is when you press the new bearing in which direction does the rubber seal vs. the metal side go?

The rubber seal side usually goes in so that it will be on the brake side of the hub. Therefore, the metal side should be placed in the hub first then pressed in. The metal side of the bearing will then be on the CV side of the hub. Don't forget to re-install the C-clip retaining ring...

ok In Other Words The Rubber Goes On The Hub Side?

Yes, the side you will press the hub back into. The steel side will be on the opposite side of the knuckle from where the c-clip will be. a.k.a. the side that will have the c-clip will be the side where the rubber seal is. That is for the press in style which I assume you are eluding to.

If you have the bolt in style the bearing can only go one way (the machined portion goes into the knuckle then the bolts are installed). The cast looking portion would be facing the CV.

Why don't you just look at the old bearing if you pressed it out all readyand see which side has the marks from pressing. That will tell you which side has to go back into the knuckle first?

Archived