2007 Honda Accord coupe brakes

epayne95

So I am new to this forum and it seems to have lots of answers to questions I always have. Im a Honda girl.

So in theory when should you have to wory about changing your brake pads? What mileage is typical for a average driver? :blush:

I am trying to educate myself better.

On newer generation accords 98 and up in general front brakes properly serviced I see last from 60K to 85K depending on how much local vs. highway vs. driving is done. Rear drums with regular adjustment usually last 100K to 150K before shoes need replacement. Pads for the rear rotor style usually last between 35K and 60K.

I am wondering if you are aksing the question because someone at the dealer has told you you need brakes and you only have 20K or so on your car. Unfortunately, I have heard of this happening on your genertaion Accord, but for now it does not seem to be the norm.

On newer generation accords 98 and up in general front brakes properly serviced I see last from 60K to 85K depending on how much local vs. highway vs. driving is done. Rear drums with regular adjustment usually last 100K to 150K before shoes need replacement. Pads for the rear rotor style usually last between 35K and 60K.

I am wondering if you are aksing the question because someone at the dealer has told you you need brakes and you only have 20K or so on your car. Unfortunately, I have heard of this happening on your genertaion Accord, but for now it does not seem to be the norm.

Nope I have about 48K on my car and when I press the brakes it just feels like I have to press way down, unlike when I first purchased 2 years ago and it stopped on a dime. I dunno...hmmm.

Archived