My car wont start and im out of ideas.

dustinh6

Hi everyone, i Have a 1998 Honda Civic Ex. It has a stock D16Y8 with a turbo (not tuned). All my problems started after installing the turbo but i cant figure out why it wont start. After installing the turbo i didnt drive the car much cause it wasnt tuned. i just went out and started it once a day. well i left for a couple of days and came beck the car wouldnt start. when the car ran there was barely any smoke and no wierd noises just idled rough so i dont think there is any internal damage. pulled the spark plugs they were fried (guessing cause of the excess fuel from the bigger injectors(380cc)). replaced the spark plugs (and i can smell gas on them so i know they are getting fuel) and now im not getting any spark to the plug wires, so i replaced the complete distributor, still no spark. before that i bought a new battery. so i know its not those things. i am completly out of ideas. can someone help? just incase your wondering the check engine light does come on which i think is an indicator that the computer is getting power. could it still be a faulty computer or a default in the wiring harness? what about sensors?

replaced the complete distributor, still no spark.

Did you put the teeth in the distributor (where it slides into the end of the CAM) off 180 degrees? They can be forced on both ways, but only one will allow the car to run. Pull the code and see what it is. I would certainly make sure the distributor is not off 180 degrees. If it is rotate the rotor shaft 180 degrees and re-install and see what that does for you.

Archived