2007 Honda Fit S

I was driving on the freeway with constant pressure on the gas peddle going roughly 75-80 mph. Suddenly the speed begins to drop (right before it does, I can feel it through the gas peddle, so I have a second to prepare myself) even with my feet still on the gas pedal and continually pumping it. Sometimes while its dropping it will increase in speed by a bit if I keep on pumping the gas peddle but ultimately it drops. I then have to shut the car off, wait for a min or two and restart the car. Usually its back to normal and sometimes it repeats.

This has happen 4 times in the past 6 months. Each time, I have taken it in to the dealership and they say that there is nothing they can do because there is no engine light on, or they'll take it for a test drive and tell me everything is fine. I need help in figuring what is wrong. Suddenly losing speed on the freeway is not safe!

Thank you.

Archived