my 97 civic code 16

MikEEEx3

ok i have a 97 civic with a b20 and gsr tranny. i washed it and kinda got the ecu wet.. not super wet just a few drops i cleaned it out dryed it off and everything..when i went to go put it back in i got a code 16. its an obd1 ecu... i did read that it could be a fual problem or on limb mode....can someone shed some light on this subject please

ok i went over the wireing and cleaned everything but there is a bent prong on the jumper harness and i thing thats what could be causing it...

Maybe...straighten it out and try again.

ok i made it straight, but it is running on limp mode i can rev the car past 3700 rpm...i did the disconnect the batter trick and no luck...when i start the car i hear the ecu power up and it makes a strange noise..i know that you hear a slight noise for the ecu but this one sounds like a crashing harddrive lol..think it could have shorted out cuz it got wet????

ialso looked under the hood at the fuse box and saw that some of the fuses are caroted, and the 40A option fuse was blowen...could these fuses be part of the problem..i would check the cantanuity but i dont have a volt meter sense my friend ran it over....

ok i took the obd1 computer out of the car and took it apart and fount that it got wet and shorted so i replaced it with and obd2 computer that i had laying around..have some code because the sencers arnt there but its all good

• 3 weeks later...

ok i got a p28 ecu but im still having an injection problem i think it could be a bad wire in the harness but i cant find any diagrams of the wire set up

ok redid the jumper harness. i now have a code 43 that is a fuel supply system code i think it my have to do with the injecters..because im dont know if the injectors are obd1 or obd2.....im i anywhere near to what could be wrong

Archived