88crx with dohc zc - wont start

K here is the d/l. I just got a 88 crx si with a dohc zc motor in it. It didnt run when I got it, we brought it home on a trailer, push started down the hill in front of my house and it started, ran like crap, as soon as i let off the gas it died. I hooked it up to jumper cables and it would crank and crank, it would sputter a little bit like it wanted to start but it wouldnt. earlier today i pulled out one of the spark plugs and it started right up. of course it missfired but it still started. I advanced the timing a little bit put the spark plug back in, pumped the petal a few times, cranked and it started with all the spark plugs in it. it was missfiring pretty bad but it still started. I shut it off and it wouldnt start again. I know it has good compression, I know it is getting spark and I am pretty sure it is getting good fuel, it is putting out about 45psi, not sure exactly what it is supposed to be but that is what its doing. I think it is a timing issue but im not sure. It is also weird that it will start with one of the spark plugs out, it doesnt matter what one is out as long as one is out. it isnt putting out any codes either, It has a PM6 in it, dont know if that matters. Does anyone know what it could be???

Archived